Friday, February 1, 2013

Learn languages like a boss

Welcome. My name's Nay and some would say I'm too old to be learning languages. I have far too much to talk about. Here I will discuss things some things I am doing with languages; the purpose of sharing these things is hopefully to help others and myself improve these methods--of learning language.

 This is something of a personal quest. I'm an American and did not face the challenge of learning another language until high school, when I was put into the undignified position of having to learn how to sign along to stories about cats beating up rats in francais mauvais. The teacher wasn't all that happy about it tho.

 Language learning shouldn't be impossibly hard I think and it shouldn't require a hit to the learners' egos, so what you'll see here may be just as scattershot as my own experiences but in the privacy of your own home. Nor should it require huge gobs of money. The scope of the blog will encompass everything from Spanish to conlangs to shorthand to xenharmonics. (Yeah, I just said shorthand; I know shorthand.)

No comments:

Post a Comment